Monday, July 11, 2011

Dangers of Lip Gloss

Hey!  I took a one week sabbatical to get organized and revived.  In a few weeks, hopefully I will have this site up to par and looking great.  I have a new respect for fellow bloggers.  Making a living as a blogger is not easy and takes a lot of research, education and time.  That is why I give kudos to all of the blogs that encourage those interested in blogging to find something you are passionate about.  I am very passionate about organic and green living as you will realize as this blog blooms!

Found an interesting article that spoke about lip gloss and the dangers in a common material.  Petrolatum.  The Daily Health Web posted a Dr. Oz article talking about the dangers of certain ingredients in beauty products http://dailyhealthweb.blogspot.com/2010/02/dr-oz-top-three-dangers-in-your-beauty.html.  Petroleum jelly is derived from drilling - meaning, if you put it on your lips and happen to lick it off (as I do often!) it is just like licking gasoline!  This blew me away.  For years I wore lip gloss and plenty of it.  Today I keep lip balm in my purse that is petrolatum free.  I love Burt's Bees lip balms.  If you subscribe to All You magazine, there is a $1 Burt's Bees coupon on page 28 http://www.allyou.com/coupons-deals/june-coupons-00411000072306/ (thanks regularmom.com!)  I found a great deal from Organics Deals and Coupons (organicdeals.com).  Eos lip balms are on sale for 2 for $6 at Walgreens.  You get $4 back in register rewards meaning you get the two eos lip balms for only $2 - $1 each!  I'm going to head over and grab a couple.  I will give an update on how I like them.  Feel free to email me/comment on your impression, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment