Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Spicy Asparagus Pasta

I make most of my recipes for one person - me!  Haven't gotten everyone on board with the "healthy at all times" eating schedule - LOL!  Just wanted to let everyone know so that you know to double, triple or make it as large as you want if you are cooking for additional people.  I also buy my dried spices from organic bulk bins.  I don't use enough to buy it prepackaged. Also, I save $$$$$$!  I also use pecorino to add after it is finished.  It tastes delicious!  Toss with olive oil ONLY ON LOW HEAT!  Olive oil loses nutrient content when heated to high - at least that's what I read.


There is a picture on my Instagram account.  I am still waiting for me Geek Squad employee in shining armor to aid me in overcoming my technological ignorance!


Recipe


12 spears Asparagus (Aldi's frozen asparagus)
1 serving Organic Brown Rice Pasta (Trader Joes $1.99)
Slice of onion chopped
Garlic clove chopped
8 black pitted kalamato olives (Costco bulk - I use these A LOT!)
red pepper flakes to taste/spiciness (organic bulk bin)
2 tblspn grape seed oil (Trader Joes $3.99)
2 tblspn dried basil (organic bulk bin)
pinch of cayenne pepper (organic bulk bin)
2 tblspn balsamic vinegar (Costco has GREAT deal)
1 tbslpn olive oil (more if you like it slightly oily to add pecorino to - like I do!)
Pecorino parmesan is optional to add after meal is complete.


Boil water.
Add pasta.
Boil until desired tenderness - I like my pasta al dente.


Add onion, garlic and red pepper to grape seed oil in wok.
Once onion is clear, add frozen asparagus spears chopped - I crack them into smaller pieces.  My fingers are FREEZING  afterward - lol!!!!
Saute for one minute, then add balsamic vinegar.
Saute on high for thirty seconds.
Lower heat to low.
Add pasta, olives, basil, cayenne pepper and olive oil.
Toss well.


Voila!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment