Monday, January 20, 2014

Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Blackened Salmon

Wow!  It's been over 6 months since I've posted.  There is no excuse...I've been lazy.  Nothing major going on in my life but trying to enjoy life with friends and family.  Had to get my order of importance back in line - God, Myself, then Family.  Crazy how easy it is to get thrown off track. 


Well...I have made yet another resolution to eat better and to be debt free in 2014.  I know that I can do it through prayer and faith.  This year, I want to try new recipes at least once a week to bring a better variety into my eating regimen.  I am getting a little tired of the same old - same old.  Here is a recipe that I tried yesterday.  I don't use measurements so the ones below are an estimate.  And shout out to Inspiralized.com for putting me on to the great Paderno Spiralizer!!!!!


Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Blackened Salmon


Wild Salmon fillet  (Aldi's Wild Salmon $4.49/bag for 4 fillets)
Blackened seasoning (Buy bulk and mix yourself - saves $$$$$)
Medium Zucchini (Hoover's Market $2.99/lb) *
2 Tblspns Pecorino Parmesan (Costco bulk because I use this A LOT!)
1 Tblspn Grape Seed Oil (Hoover's Market $9.99 on sale)
2 Tblspn Dried Basil (Bulk for best deal!)
Thick slice of Onion chopped (Fresh Market $1.69/lb)
2 Cloves of Garlic chopped (Aldi's bag of 3 $0.99)
Red Pepper Flakes to spice preference (Bulk for best deal)
6 Pitted Black Olives chopped (Costco Bulk because I eat a lot of these!)
1 Tblspn Olive Oil (Hoover's Market $9.99 on sale)
Ground pepper and salt to taste
* stands for organic




Put a few drops of grape seed oil in iron skillet.  Cover salmon in blackened season and place in iron skillet.  Bake on 425 until finished - about 10 minutes.


Spiralize Zucchini.  Inspiralized.com has a tutorial for you first-timers!  I cut my noodles into long strips instead of using one long strip.  It makes it easier for me to toss and eat.


Put grape seed oil, onions, garlic and red pepper flakes in a wok.  Heat until onions are translucent.  Stir in Zucchini noodles until tenderness. Remove from heat.


Chop up Salmon. Add salmon, olives and Zucchini mixture in a large bowl and toss.  Add pecorino, olive oil, basil and toss.  Salt and pepper to taste.


Voila!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment